Sunday, March 31, 2013

He's Alive and I'm Forgiven!


"There is nothing to fear here. I know you're looking for Jesus, the One they nailed to the cross. He is not here. He was raised, just as He said. Come and look at the place where he was placed." 
Matthew 28:5-6

It is a beautiful day! Even though it's a bit cloudy and cold here is West Michigan we are reminded of the promise of spring. A fresh start.


 Christ took all of our sin to the cross, even the ones we haven't yet committed or aren't even aware of! All the sin of the past, present and future. How heavy it must have been... His sacrifice ensured that you and I could be covered by grace and be blameless before God.

Even though this is truly a day of joy I find that my heart is still so heavy.

For so many things. For so many people. For those around me who are experiencing unimaginable pain, those who are drifting without purpose, and especially for those who are alone. During this morning's service I found myself thinking about my little one. Wondering if he is alone. Praying that he hasn't given up on crying out because he thinks no one is coming. Hoping that every cell of his little body feels God's presence and protection.  Even though I long for him and pray for his safety constantly, I am comforted knowing that my God loves him even more. He is not my son, he is God's son. And there is no greater love.

So I am both overflowing with joy and ripping apart with pain. How do both exist together?

I guess that is what Christ promises his followers. Not that it would be easy or that we would not feel pain but that knowing the One Truth would give us hope. So that we can know that this world is only the beginning and that there is so much more to come. All the while, we are to engage in the brokenness, and live where injustice and darkness are bountiful.

I hold on to that hope. My joy is renewed with every reminder that the stone has been rolled away and the tomb is empty.

I know that my Redeemer lives!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment