Monday, September 9, 2013

A quick plea for prayer and positive thoughts!

Well, we definitely meant to post more about our trip over the last few weeks but once again, time got away from us.

For example, this past weekend we ran our first (and probably my only) half marathon. It was...a lot things: Beautiful, painful, emotional, comical and dreadful all at the same time. I probably wont be able to walk right for a week. Twice I nearly had panic attacks because I couldnt breath (or maybe that IS a panic attack...) and stopped running to gasp for air like a old woman who had smoked her whole life. Embarrassing. Then there were the hilarious signs posted up everyone. One of my favorites was "if your feet hurt, its just because you kicked some ass". There were also some signs that were just disturbing, like "run as if a clown is chasing you" and of course a clown was standing right there. TERRIFYING!!!! 

Then there were the several occasions where i fully processed what it would be like to just quit. Who would be disappointed in me? Who would I be the most embarrassed to tell? It was as if Chad  could just read my mind in those moments. His random, genuine encouragement literally carried me through the 2 1/2 hours I ran. I am 100% confident that I would not have completed it without him. Just one more example of how he has always supported and encouraged me through some of the hardest things I have done. Sigh...I really like that guy!

And then I totally cried as I crossed the finish line. I just couldnt believe it was over....and that I had lived to tell people about it!

Running on behalf of one of the most amazing organizations I have ever encountered certainly made it all worth it. Project Hopeful's mission is "Educating, encouraging and enabling families and individuals to advocate for and adopt children with HIV/AIDS and other of the most overlooked children for adoption." If you want to hear about an organization that is truly changing the lives of THE most overlooked children in the world all you need to do is check out their website. You will be impressed. (http://projecthopeful.org) We met some truly inspiring and selfless people this weekend. 

Post-race: Chad and I with the founder of PH!

Now, back to the meaning of the post's title. Our custody court date has been scheduled and confirmed for this Wednesday, September 11th. It will be two days shy of 6 weeks after our original date but we feel so good about it. It is a significant day for several reasons and we are just so ready to be Kwe's parents. Will you please pray with us?

Pray that:
- Williams (our Power of Attorney) will have no issues with his vehicle or with traffic and that he will pick Kewku up and get to court on time and free from stress. That his mind will be clear and focused. That God will give him the right words to speak and the knowledge to know what to say and how to say it. 
- The Judge hearing our case will be well rested, clear minded and have only the best interests of Kwe in mind.
- The Court staff will be diligent and pay attention to every detail so that nothing gets missed or documented incorrectly.
- That Kweku will be surrounded and filled with God's peace. That he wont be afraid or nervous but calm and curious. 

We dont have the exact time (and will try to share it if we get it) but remember that Ghana is 4 hours ahead of us so feel free to start praying the second you wake up!

Thank you everyone for your continued support. We cannot wait to share his beautiful face with you all!
 

2 comments:

  1. You know it's not my thing to pray but I ALWAYS hope the best for the both of you and I ALWAYS know what is meant to be, will be. No matter what life brings you, you have to appreciate the ride and learn from it. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FYI CUMarketer is me, Jen Thurow... stupid google.... ugh

    ReplyDelete