Saturday, November 17, 2012

On Luck and Blessing

As I was out running errands today I noticed the Christmas music playing in the background and thought about how this time next year we will parents. I will be singing these same Christmas songs to our little guy.

Wow. It's thoughts like that one that still catch me off guard. 


It is just so amazing to think that so much will be different. That God will bring a little orphan boy from halfway across the world into our lives. 
That we will be blessed enough to be called his parents.


Some will say that it is him who is lucky...that he is blessed- but I will say no. No child born into poverty is lucky. No child whose parents die from AIDS is blessed. No child who spends his nights AND days in a crib, who shares a few loving adults with 30 other children is lucky. 


We can only hope and pray that what we can provide for him is enough. We will shower him with love and teach him that God loves him even more! We will tell him that although he is adopted by us, we have all been adopted by a God who cares about us to the ends of the world...a God who will never abandon us. We will remind him that he has a purpose that only he can live in to. We will do everything to protect him...and even more to provide the best possible life for him. 


It is truly Chad and I who will be blessed to have the opportunity to know that kind of love.

2 comments:

  1. you made Aunt Joan cry. What a delight it is to see you become parents day by day. I already seebGodbsmiling all over this. We are so proud of you and humbled by your hearts. Can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too - I cried. You are being obedient and being Jesus to this little boy. He will be a blessing to you and you him. I am so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete